Bill and Val Landis make their first appearance on the Larry Kreider Leadership Podcast to share the wisdom they’ve gained from over forty years in leadership. In this week’s episode, the Landises elaborate on incredible instances where they’ve heard the voice of God, the burden of carrying borrowed offenses, and how we can misinterpret God’s intentions.
Bill and Val Landis have worked with several teams to start YWAM centers in Grenada, Barbados, and Jamaica. In May 2020, the Landises moved back to Lancaster, Pennsylvania, and continue to work in the areas of pastoral care and developing leaders, both at YWAM Lancaster and in the Caribbean. They will continue their roles as YWAM Barbados founders and elders, as well as serving on the YWAM Caribbean eldership team. The Landises have three grown children and five grandchildren.
- “I learned the calling had to be hers, not mine.”
- “I had to grow in my trust in God’s ability even when I didn’t understand.”
- “You love Him, and you do it.”
- “Forgiveness is gold.”
- Figure out what areas of ministry give you life.
- Different giftings between spouses can complement one another.
- Habakkuk 2:1-4 | Write the vision down
- Serving catapults you into leading.
- Leadership should be about serving rather than how you can advance.
- God’s voice can come out of someone else’s mouth.
- Discipleship is long-term and may not bear fruit right away.
- Allow your heart to be continually captivated by Jesus.
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Contact YWAM Lancaster
- YWAM Lancaster Facebook page
- YWAM Lancaster Instagram
- DOVE Mission International
- Learn more about Bill & Val’s ministry
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit dcfi.org/larry-kreider.