Bill and Val Landis make their second appearance on the podcast to share more of their valuable leadership insights. Listen as they explain how to have a successful cross-cultural team, the value in finding the redemptive gift of each nation you serve, and how you cannot always defend yourself as a leader.
- “The people I am leading are my teachers now.”
- “We need different cultures.”
- “All vision is given for a group to fulfill.”
- “It takes faith to rest.”
- You will feel alone at times throughout your leadership journey.
- Matthew 18
- Be an intentional listener and validate your team.
- There are times when we should ask questions, and there are times when we simply need to obey.
- Create a team where each member can utilize their giftings.
- Communicate your expectations early on when creating a team.
- Make time for moments of reflection and sabbath.
- Acknowledge and process your hurts and traumas because they will affect your leadership.
- You can have more than one spiritual father and mother.
- God trusts us and gives us responsibility a little at a time.
- Be faithful to what God has called you to.
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- YWAM Lancaster
- Contact the Bill & Val Landis
- Contact YWAM Lancaster
- YWAM Lancaster Facebook page
- YWAM Lancaster Instagram
- DOVE Mission International
- Learn more about Bill & Val’s ministry
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit dcfi.org/larry-kreider.