Bobby and Wanda Alger make their first appearance on the podcast to share what they have learned about one another and themselves over more than thirty years together in leadership and ministry. Listen as they describe how their marriage has thrived despite having different gifts and how to honor what is on your partner’s heart.
Together, Bobby and Wanda Alger attended Oral Roberts University in Tulsa, Oklahoma, where Wanda earned a master’s in church music and Bobby completed his master of divinity degree. In 1998, the Algers planted Crossroads Community Church in Winchester, Virginia, where Bobby serves as the lead pastor. Soon after, in 2000, they joined the DOVE International family of churches. They have three adult children.
How to Deal with Conflict:
- Talk about it
- Pray about it
- Get help
- “Give me who I need, not necessarily who I want.”
- “She and God are smart enough to fix herself.”
- “The sooner we can pray about something, the sooner we’ll solve it.”
- “Bring the Kingdom into every sphere of culture.”
- “Use other people’s materials until you can write your own.”
- “Just stay in faith and you’ll break through.”
- Romans 12
- Partner with whatever Holy Spirit has already put inside you.
- Be authentic, and do not compare yourself to others.
- When looking for advice, go outside your generation. Talk with those who are older and younger than you.
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Crossroads Community Church
- Wanda’s website and bookstore
- Words to Pray By by Wanda Alger
- Moving from Sword to Scepter by Wanda Alger
- Making Room for His Presence by Bobby & Wanda Alger
- Prayer that Sparks National Revival by Wanda Alger
- Oracles of Grace by Wanda Alger
- Living a Changed Life by Bobby Alger
- What Does It Mean to Be a Real Christian? by Larry Kreider
- Why Say Yes to Jesus? by Bobby Alger
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit dcfi.org/larry-kreider.