Bonita Keener, the director of Gateway House of Prayer in Ephrata, PA, makes her debut on the podcast to share how she discovered and developed her prophetic gift and what molded her into the leader she is today. Bonita and Larry Kreider discuss the value of observing those who lead well, how to learn from our critics, and why both men and women are needed in leadership.
Before leading as Gateway House of Prayer’s director, Bonita Keener started serving on the Board of Directors in 2005 and then was an assistant director for two years. Out of high school, she served in Youth Evangelism Service (YES). Bonita and her husband, Brent, have four adult children and five grandchildren.
- “The best is yet to come.”
- “These things just evolve over time, and all of a sudden you’re paying attention to the gold strand in your story of what God’s been writing.”
- “Character trumps gifting.”
- “I’m looking for pure hearts, and God is too.”
- “His voice over me was stronger than any other voice.”
- God is developing skills and gifts in you today that you will use in the future.
- You can be called to lead at any age.
- Take time to discern if the Word you received from God is for now or later.
- Find people to learn from who lead the way God is calling us to.
- Rely on God rather than yourself.
- God opens doors for us when we serve others.
- Do not completely disregard criticism from others. There may be a small amount of truth in what they’re saying.
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- Gateway House of Prayer
- The Elijah List
- “Lisa Hosler on Leadership: Collaboration & Corporate Discernment”
- Ask Larry your leadership questions!
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.