Derek Dienner of MAKE/FILMS talks about the movie-making process and the inspiration behind the upcoming film Brave the Dark—the incredible story of Nate, a struggling, homeless teen, and Stan Deen, a popular drama teacher who takes Nate under his wing.
- Forty-five investors from Lancaster County funded the production of the film.
- If you’re too emotionally invested in something, take a step back to think and act sensibly.
- Don’t lose hope in seasons of struggle.
- Your team should be made up of people who share your vision.
- Learn the balance between being patient and knowing when to act.
- “Literally, I could make pages and pages of lists of the things that shouldn’t have happened that happened—the miracles that happened—to make the movie possible.”
- “I’m just a steward of something bigger.”
- “The heart behind it moves mountains.”
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.