Duane Britton shares how he gave his life to the Lord as a young man and how pursuing God from that moment on changed his life. Listen as he explains the lessons he’s learned from over four decades of service within both business and church leadership.
Today, Duane Britton uses his life experience and wisdom to help serve others through he and his wife, Reyna’s, consulting business, Britton Consulting Group, which serves nonprofits, Fortune 500 companies, and churches. Duane also serves as an associate pastor at Newport Church in Elm, PA, and is a member of the DCFI Latin America Apostolic Council.
- Your ministry is wherever you are.
- Learn how to be the second man—take arrows for your team and help make them successful.
- Be vulnerable with your team.
- Learn how to have difficult conversations as a leader. Be able to articulate what you want.
- Be a person of integrity.
- Be a lid-lifting leader. A leader that lifts lids for others wants to see the people around them succeed and excel.
- Look for mentors in those around you.
- Learn as much as you can—keep reading, keep learning, keep studying. Be open to learning things that might not pertain to your specific field but makes you well-rounded.
- Seek God’s face. Seek the Lord over your life and your strategy—have a plan and see what you need to do to keep moving forward.
- Passing the 21 Tests of Leadership by Larry Kreider
- “Transition Markers for Leaders” by Keith Yoder
- “Readiness Markers for Succession of Emerging Leaders” by Keith Yoder
- “Biblical Instances of Leadership Succession” by Keith Yoder
- “Areas of Honor for Healthy Leadership Succession” by Larry Kreider
- Workshop on leadership succession with Keith Yoder
- Straight Talk to Leaders by Barry Wissler, Larry Kreider, Lester Zimmerman, & Sam Smucker
*Recorded live at the DOVE International Leadership Conference in 2019
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.