Kevin Eshelman joins Larry Kreider to discuss his approach to leadership and the succession process he experienced. Listen as Kevin explains the importance of knowing yourself and who you are, what mentoring from a distance looks like, and why you should focus on your function more than your role.
Kevin Eshelman is the senior pastor of Ephrata Community Church, the vice president of HarvestNet International, and is on the Cocalico School District board of directors. Kevin also holds a Master of Divinity degree in World Christianity from Evangelical Seminary. He and his wife, Stephanie, have two adult children.
- “The heart of leadership is service.”
- “You’re always called beyond your capacity.”
- “You are not the complete package, and you don’t need to be.”
- “Comparison today could be Achilles heel of leaders.”
- Romans 13
- Be alert to how social media affects you.
- Be willing to learn from anyone, anywhere, and anything at any time.
- Be focused on the people you’re speaking with no matter what’s going on around you.
Mentioned in Today’s Podcast:
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit dcfi.org/larry-kreider.