Kim Zimmerman, who pastors Shift Church with her husband, Brian, shares her leadership journey—from growing up in the Pentecostal church to being the director and co-founder of CityGate Lancaster. Listen as Kim and Larry Kreider discuss why having the right team is vital, being fluid while following your God-given vision, the need for a servant’s heart in leadership, and the difference between being spirit-led and flesh-oriented.
Kim Zimmerman and her husband, Brian, serve on the Apostolic oversight team for the House to House Micro Church Network and are DOVE USA Fivefold Equipping Ministers. Together, in 2007, they started their non-profit ministry, CityGate Lancaster, which now has multiple locations throughout South Central Pennsylvania.
- “You never arrive as a leader. You’re always learning.”
- “Healthy leaders create healthy leaders.”
- “God takes care of the details.”
- “Build it, and they will come.”
Mentioned in Today’s Podcast:
- Coffee with Kim podcast
- My Prayer Life: 100 Day Journal by Kim Zimmerman
- One Day Legacy: Song of Solomon: Read. Write. Pray. by Kim Zimmerman
- DiscipleKidship by Kim Zimmerman
- Straight Talk to Leaders by Barry Wissler, Larry Kreider, Lester Zimmerman, and Sam Smucker
- Passing the 21 Tests of Leadership by Larry Kreider
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.