LaVerne Kreider returns to the podcast to share her passion for spiritual parenting and how every believer is called to be one. Larry and LaVerne discuss what it means to be a “Holy Spirit hinge,” how being a spiritual parent can help you grow, and what not to do when mentoring others.
- “God sees us complete in Him.”
- “No one can take the place of the Heavenly Father.”
- “You’re not trying to fix them or give them the answers.”
- “Just be who God’s called you to be and walk in a place of acceptance and encouragement and vulnerability.”
- “Nurturing relationships do take time.”
- “A spiritual father or mother helps a spiritual son or daughter reach their God-given potential.”
- “Someday, we’re all going to stand before the Lord. Are we going to stand there alone, or are we going to stand there with our spiritual children, grandchildren, and great-grandchildren?”
- Malachi 4:5–6
- John 5
- Your desire to be a spiritual parent should come from the heart. It is not another task to fulfill on your to-do list.
- Galatians 4:19
- Psalm 78
- Isaiah 38:19
- 1 Corinthians 4:17
- Time with your spiritual children can last a season or be long-term.
- Titus 2:4
- Mark 3:14
- 1 John 2:12–14
- Like natural children, all spiritual children require different care and support.
- 2 Timothy 2:2
- 1 Thessalonians 2
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- The Cry for Spiritual Fathers & Mothers by Larry Kreider
- The Cry for Spiritual Fathers & Mothers FREE eBook | Limited time offer
- Plaidoyer pour des pères et des mères spirituels par Larry Kreider
- Spiritual Parenting DVD set
- The Cry for Spiritual Fathers and Mothers manual
- “Training and Releasing Young Leaders in Our Churches” by Larry Kreider
- “True Spiritual Leaders Invest in Spiritual Sons and Daughters” by Larry Kreider
- “Wanted: Spiritual Parents” by Larry Kreider
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.