In her third appearance on the Larry Kreider Leadership Podcast, Lisa Hosler shares the harsh realities and painful changes that come with losing a spouse. Listen as Lisa addresses how the body of Christ should embrace widows and widowers as well as her heart for the lost.
- Do not minimize the pain of others.
- Do not compare your loss with another’s.
- Give people the option to talk about their late spouse.
- Don’t assume how someone is doing. Ask them.
- Isaiah 54:4
- Ecclesiastes 7:4
- “Feel no obligation to say something wise.”
- “Grief is the kind of thing that’s so loud, so painful… The way to get through it is to express it.”
- “Step into the hard. Step into the awkward.”
- “If the body of Christ can’t look out for widows and widowers, are we looking out for lost people?”
Mentioned in Today’s Podcast:
- The Unexhausted Leader by Lisa Hosler
- Align Life Ministries
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit dcfi.org/larry-kreider.