Nick Payne describes the awe-inspiring encounter on a pizza shop floor that changed his life, what it means to be a “bridge-builder,” and the vision behind his upcoming business. Nick and Larry Kreider share what they think is the hardest part of leadership and the impact of having spiritual fathers and mothers.
Nick Payne is the DOVE USA Youth director and associate pastor of Crossroads Community Church in Winchester, Virginia, where he oversees the youth and young adult ministries and the media production team. He and his wife, Emily, are dedicated and enthusiastic about discipleship and developing next-generation leaders.
- Ecclesiastes 1:9
- Don’t let opportunities to serve pass you by.
- More can be accomplished with a team than working alone.
- As a leader, you need to be willing to answer tough questions and have hard conversations. You cannot stick your head in the sand.
- “My Damascus Road experience was on the floor of a pizza shop.”
- “You can’t lead others unless you lead yourself properly.”
- “Youth ministry should be an extension of the home first and the mission of the Church.”
- “Your journey is what it is.”
- “How can I build for the future?”
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- DOVE USA Youth
- Crossroads Community Church
- The Secret Place of Devotion by Nick & Emily Payne
- DOVE USA Youth Winter Retreat
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.