Ryan and Clarissa Abbott, DOVE Mission International missionaries, visit the studio to speak about their different upbringings and the difference between warm- and cold-climate cultures. Listen as they divulge the importance of understanding your team’s preferences and how they have found success in their cross-cultural marriage.
Ryan and Clarissa Abbott work with Youth With A Mission (YWAM) based in Perth, Western Australia. Ryan co-leads the ministry Homes of Hope Perth and co-leads the property ministry in the city. Clarissa serves in the operations arm of YWAM Perth. They have one daughter named Harper.
- “Don’t be afraid to lead.”
- “Christ lives in us to give us the grace to do it.”
- “If it wasn’t for Jesus, marriage would be tough.”
- When God calls us to something, He will show us the next steps.
- Don’t be afraid to make mistakes. Remain soft and humble.
- Learn from other leaders and have mentors.
- Keep Jesus at the center of your team.
- The differences between cultures do not mean one is right or wrong.
- Don’t believe all the positive or negative press about yourself.
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit dcfi.org/larry-kreider.