Tom Barnett discloses his advice for younger leaders, how to successfully and effectively communicate cross-culturally, and how he measures success. Additionally, Tom addresses the inevitability of hard decision-making in leadership and the importance of remaining curious.
Tom Barnett serves as the DOVE Latin America apostolic team leader and the lead pastor of DOVE Christian Fellowship Elizabethtown. He is also the apostolic overseer for DOVE International’s networks of churches in Peru and Columbia. Tom and his wife, Nancy, have been married for over 40 years and have three adult children.
- Each season of life helps prepare us for what God has planned.
- Pray and ask God who He wants on the team you’re building.
- Psalm 133
- Take advantage of the giftings of others rather than feeling threatened by them.
- Matthew 18
- Understand that some relationships are meant to be short-term instead of long-term.
- Give others permission to give you feedback.
- “You’re different, but there’s a reason you’re different—and it’s a God-given reason.”
- “Jesus may be in your heart, but grandpa is in your bones.” —Peter Scazzero
- “I don’t want to bring America to your country. I want to bring the Kingdom of God.”
- “I have more to learn than I have to give.”
- “You can’t give away what you don’t possess.”
- “Our security and significance come from knowing Jesus.”
- “If God puts you in that position, go for it.”
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- DOVE Christian Fellowship Elizabethtown
- DOVE Latin America
- Working Genius
- Emotionally Healthy Spirituality by Peter Scazzero
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit larrykreider.com.