Church in its simplest form
There’s a new expression of church springing up throughout our nation. These new, small, simplistic churches are often referred to as house churches or micro churches. In these new emerging churches, people are discovering what church is really all about by firsthand participation and learning how to become reproducing disciples of Jesus. They meet in homes and other venues, and many believe these miniature expressions of the Body of Christ have the potential to revitalize and rapidly expand the church of Jesus Christ.
This seminar tells how these flexible volunteer-led house churches are fully functioning churches in themselves. Led by spiritual fathers and mothers who are constantly training and releasing new leaders, they are outreach focused and have the potential to multiply exponentially.
- Why we need house/micro churches and how they can network
- Evangelism and the house/micro church
- Hear stories and testimonies of modern-day house churches being planted.
- Releasing every believer to use their gifts
- Practicals of house/micro church meetings
- Apostolic leadership of house/micro church networks
- Small groups within the house/micro church
- Legal procedures and administrative assistance for house/micro churches
- House/micro churches and finances
- Creativity and flexibility of house/micro churches
- Learning from church history
- Anyone wanting to learn about the new house/micro churches
- Individuals who are part of a house/micro church team
- Those who desire to start a house/micro church
- Church leaders interested in sending out house/micro church planting teams from their church
- Those who want to pick up the torch and shift their paradigms to house/micro churches
Topics to choose from
- The new emerging house/micro church networks
- Planting churches to reach the unchurched
- What do house/micro churches look like?
- What do the house church meetings look like?
- What do house church networks look like?
- The need for spiritual fathers and mothers
- What does discipleship look like in house/micro churches?
- What about money, a 501(c)3, financial accountability, etc.?
- What about children and youth in house church ministry?
- Leadership training for effective house church ministry?
- Learning from history and pitfalls to avoid
- Workshops on various house church issues
Seminar manuals designed for easy note-taking are available.
For more information contact the DOVE office or call 717-627-1996.