Dave Smith, a DOVE Mission International missionary based in Tauranga, New Zealand, visits the studio to share how saying yes to God changed his original life plans for the better. Listen as Dave explains what he learned working at a wastewater plant, the importance of perseverance, and how God can use anyone.
Dave Smith and his wife, Alissa, currently serve on the base leadership team at YWAM Furnace NZ in the areas of worship, training, pastoral care, and mercy ministries. Their passion is to see revival and reconciliation in Aotearoa and for that to be released into the nations. The Smiths have three children.
- “There’s very little that God requires of us. What He really requires is saying a simple ‘yes’ and being obedient to follow through in it.”
- “We can easily burn out without proper boundaries in our life.”
- “Say that simple yes to the Lord.”
- Ask God what He wants to do with your life.
- You can’t fulfill your ministry alone.
- Identify mentors early on.
- Don’t despise small callings or beginnings.
- Philippians 4:6
Mentioned in Today’s Episode:
- No Compromise: The Life Story of Keith Green by Melody Green
- Hope to the Pacific
- YWAM Furnace NZ
- YWAM Ships Aotearoa
- Contact Dave & Alissa Smith
- Evolving Missions compiled by Peter Bunton & Hillary Vargas
- The Justice Project
- DOVE Mission International
- DOVE Christian Fellowship Elizabethtown
- Preparing to Go compiled by Peter Bunton & Hillary Vargas
For more information about Larry Kreider, his books, daily devotionals, small group resources, or other teachings, visit dcfi.org/larry-kreider.